My initial reaction when I was asked to receive a facial at a massage envy was “they offer facials?” . Sure enough when I went to look to find the closest location it was there they have posted their menu and on there was a 1-hour facial.



I had the pleasure of going to the Massage Envy in Orland Park, which is the closest location for me to go to. I actually pass it all the time so I was excited to finally step into the place as I have always had a preconceived notion about the place. I thought that since it was a chain with over 1,000 locations across the U.S. that it wouldn’t be a nice as the spas that I have been to in the past.  Boy I was wrong, the moment I stepped I couldn’t believe how nice and serine the place was. It totally looked like the nice spas I have been to.  I was also surprised in how many spa rooms they had due to from the outside it looks really small but it is actually a good size.  I also couldn’t help notice that they sell Murad skin care products, which I then learned that Murad Healthy Skin facials were exclusive to Massage Envy.  I don’t know if you are familiar with Murad but they are an amazing skincare line.  They also offer memberships where for only $59.99 you are able to get a massage monthly or for an additional $10 for product fee you can get a facial.  To learn more about their membership benefits, click here.



Next it was time for me to fill out the usual paperwork one does when getting a facial at a new place. I was then introduced to my esthetician Ashley, who was amazing.  Not only was she very knowledge on the products she was using she was also knowledgeable in skincare in general and gave me some great tips to use at home.  The first thing that Ashely did was review my info and examine my skin. Based on all of that I was a candidate for the sensitive skin facial.


The facial was really nice and made my skin feel fabulous. Once the facial was down Ashely met me at the spas relaxation room.  It was there she handed me a facial wellness plan.  I swear I don’t ever recall getting one of these at any of the other facials that I have received in the past. The plan is pretty much a little booklet that included what our skin care goals for me, what facial I had received, aftercare instructions and recommendations. On the back it even included Ashley’s hours which I find to be extremely helpful. She also gave me a couple of samples to try at home, one of which I cannot wait to try.

I highly recommend that if you are ever in the mood for a massage or facial to go and visit your local massage envy and the best part is you can call that day and make an appointment.



Post a Comment

 
Top