If there is one thing that makes me happy, it's adding new music that I've never heard to my playlist. A few days ago, I was invited to take a listen to a band named "Lemuria", and their debut album that's about to hit its 10 year anniversary called "Get Better" and let me tell you. as a first time listener, it was good music to my ears. (Plus, the name of the band itself was just too catchy to pass up)

Anyways, I took a listen, and this is what I thought about it..


I took a seat and decided to search for the "Get Better" album on YouTube, and after listening to the entire album, I found myself hitting the repeat button on quite a few of their songs (especially "Lipstick" which is my new favorite from the album). For me, good music allows me escape or drive my emotions, and while listening to Lemuria, I found myself doing just that. I even managed to catch myself doing a little air guitar, which is always a good sign of great musicality. The music is tranquil, lyrically relate-able, but it still makes you feel like you can rock out to it on a road trip with friends. This is by far one of my favorite things about this band because while, Lemuria's genre certainly caters to the indie rock scene, it also has a very punk side to it, which enables the listener to not only vibe out to the music but do a little head-bang as well (definite bonus.)

The album "Get Better" is comprised of twelve songs, each with its own title and some that ricochet off of each other such as the songs "Dog" and "Dogs."  Each of their songs have a unique sound to it, especially drum and guitar wise. I am definitely no expert when it comes to the dissecting the technicalities of music, but I'll be honest, Sheena Ozzella can play the hell out of a guitar!

The sound is what I think makes the album a thrill to listen to and definitely exhilarating because let's face it, sweet guitar riffs make everything sound awesome.

I also wanted to elaborate a little on why I kept pressing repeat, or simply going back to certain songs that had a stronger effect on me than the rest. Though I'm no expert, as a first time listener to a band or music of any genre for that matter, the lyrics are what keep me coming back and yes Lemuria has some pretty awesome lyrics to their songs. Some of my personal favorite include "Lipstick", "Length Away", and "Dog", which all provide a unique perspective and create an interesting scenario that compliments the title to a tee.

I am not the pickiest person when it comes to music, but when it comes to any kind of rock, I certainly look for that wow factor and Lemuria has it. For as long as they've been around, I'm actually disappointed in myself for not coming across them soon. My apologies to the band for missing out on some really great music this whole time !



Lemuria started in Buffalo New York, they have toured in a number of cities, and are currently on the road at this very moment for the 10th anniversary tour of their album "Get Better".
(As a heads up, they will be coming to Chicago February 7th at Subterranean located in Chicago's Wicker Park area )

I definitely recommend you all to check out their music (if you haven't already) and in case you are currently a fan of this band, their tour dates are listed on their website which you can check out below to purchase tickets and much more!.
https://www.lemuriapop.com/

By the way...here is one of my personal favorites from their album "Get Better".
It's called "Length Away" and you can find this song as well as their whole album on YoutTube or stream it from their personal website as well.
Happy Listening !















Post a Comment

 
Top