Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's both Friday and St. Patrick's Day, so I expect everyone to have a great weekend and to have the perfect green outfit planned. Whether, you are going out, staying in, or a combination of both, be sure to have some fun with your look and incorporate something green into it, whether you are Irish, like me, or Irish-ish, like my fiancĂ©, Chris (styled with me below). Here are my five tips for styling the perfect St. Patty's Day look for you and for your significant other:

 
1. Start with One Green Piece. I chose this floral blouse to create my look around. I tucked it into a skirt and layered a coat over to balance the fitted silhouette and because this up and down Chicago weather is so unpredictable!
 
2. Vary Up the Green Hues. I have a bright green top on, but balanced it with a forest green skirt. The variation in green hues adds elegance and sophistication to the look, while still being festive.
 
3. Add Some Shine. Silver looks great with green, so I opted for silver pumps and a silver choker to really make my look standout.
 
4. Don't be Matchy-Matchy. It's always great when you and your significant other coordinate ensembles, but do not be matchy. I chose this green dress shirt for Chris, which went with my look, but then balanced it with grey jeans, a silver tie, a black belt, and black shoes.
 
5. Visit emilyehardt.com for all of our outfit details and for weekly styling inspiration!
 
Follow me @emilyehardtblog on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest! Also, follow @halfstackmag on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
 
Stay Classy!
---Emily Ehardt---
 


Post a Comment

 
Top